Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Evergreen Classic: Transformation of the Qipao | Social Alterations

The Evergreen Classic: Transformation of the Qipao | Social Alterations

When people think of China and clothing, the qipao or cheongsam, is almost always the first thing that comes to mind. It is the quintessential Chinese garment. Last week, on our facebook page, I posted an article from the N.Y. Times about an exhibit celebrating the qipao. As the article noted, this is a very rare occurrence. Usually, fashion history exhibits follow the trajectory of Western fashions and top designers like the works of Coco Chanel. The exhibit called The Evergreen Classic: Transformation of the Qipao, is at the Hong Kong Museum of History and since I live in Hong Kong, there was no way I was going to miss this exhibit, so I went to see it last Saturday and I’m back with photos

No comments :

Popular Posts Last Week

Popular Posts This Month

Popular Posts All Time