• Poverty and breaking the circle of inequality
• Empowerment and progress of women and girls
• Young people
• Reproductive health and rights
• Healthy environmental and healthy people
• Urbanization-planning for growth.
Entries may be submitted through this platform or through the website of the Foundation 10.12.48 (www.fundacion101248.org), starting on October 31, 2011. The deadline for submissions will be 9pm EDT on February 15, 2012. Winners will be announced on 8 March, 2012, which is International Women’s Day.
• Films must be in digital form.
• Films should be from 1 to 10 minutes in length, including credits.
• Entries must have English subtitles if presented in another language.
• The author of the piece will be responsible for the originality of the work.
• Each entry must focus on one or more of the 7 key issues of the 7 Billion Actions campaign.
• Each team or individual may submit up to two short films.
• Films must be accompanied by an online entry form.
The competition jury will be selected by 7 Billion Actions and the Foundation 10.12.48. It will include representatives from the film community, human rights organizations, and individuals who are active in promoting cultural events. The jury will choose ten finalists from the entries submitted. Then, through online voting, users will choose the three winners. Voting will take place from 16 February to 6 March 2012.
Read more at: 1 of 7 Billion